Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Night at the Sheraton Buganvillia

This is the Sheraton Buganvillia in PV. Mr. Neat, bless him, suggested that I go to a hotel and play tourist for a night and see how the other half lives. He thought I could relax and forget about some of the stress that I have lived with for the past month. He was absolutely right!

The hotel was so large I couldn't get it all in the picture. This is probably about half of it.

It was such a wonderful day and night. I checked into my ocean-view room about 1PM, changed into my swimsuit and went to the pool. I ate lunch, and went for a swim. (Those who know me know that I really didn't get my head wet but I sure enjoyed walking around in the water!) It was a perfect temperature for me. I walked on the beach for a while and then relaxed in a recliner by the pool and read.



On the beach, looking north, you can see more hotels and resorts. The new building is one of many. Construction is a big business here and new condos, apartments and hotels are being built everywhere.


Looking south you can see the center of PV. It is a quaint little town with cobblestone streets and the malecon (boardwalk) stretches for about a mile. People walk and take photos of the many statues located along the malecon.


The day was overcast but you can see that the town is built on the side of a hill. The mountains that surround the city are beautiful and I think I enjoy looking at them more than at the ocean. I'm from WV, remember, and grew up in the mountains!



A little closer view of the hotel area.

After my afternoon on the beach, I took a long HOT shower (the first hot shower I have had here!), did my nails, read the USA Today that I bought and watched TV in English!

Dinner was at La Villita restaurant---more about that in the next blog.

Sunday morning I slept in and had brunch at the restaurant. Check-out time was noon. I had had a marvelous day and I appreciated every minute of it!

Hasta luego.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sheila,
I'm so glad that you gave yourself this! What beautiful pictures and what a lovely 23 hours.

xo

Angela said...

Sheila,

I've really enjoyed reading the posts about your Mexican adventure. After all your recent challenges I was so happy to see you treated yourself to a night away!

You're doing great work, keep up your spirits!!

All our love,
Angela, Nathan & Andrew