Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Great Weekend and My School Kids!

Here they are!! How cute! Aren't they just like all 2nd graders everywhere? They are not wearing their uniforms because I took this picture on Friday, Sept. 14, the day that the school was celebrating El Dia de Independencia and they could wear red, white and green that day. The next 2 pictures they are wearing their uniforms.



Working hard????






That is my desk in the back of the picture---just a grown up version of their tables. No drawers, not very big.





Last weekend I made a trip home to visit my family and what a great weekend it was! I took 2 days off school and flew home on Friday, returning to PV on Monday. I had 2 great days with family and friends. Just the shot in the arm that I needed!


Mr. Neat and Nellie were first to get big hugs! Mr. Neat has been working on our living room, dining room, and kitchen, and I hardly recognized the house! He has been busy painting, having hardwood installed in the DR and kitchen and carpeting in the LR. We started all this back in June but it fell on his shoulders to complete the task. It really looks nice. He had Johnny's Barbecue waiting for us when we got home from the airport. Yum!

Saturday morning I had breakfast with Sara with whom I taught for many years! How nice to catch up on school and family with her.

Then it was off to visit with AE, C, M and M. The little M had a soccer game. Watching 4 year olds play soccer is a treat. When it was M's turn to be goalie, the goalie shirt came down to his knees covering his shorts! After lunch we went to the big M's baseball game. These are 8-10 year olds and the kids are pitching for the first time. M threw a strike on his first pitch! Look out White Sox---you may have a player in training! Our visit at their house was over too quickly and the boys were not happy that I had to go. I miss them.

Sunday was church. How nice to sit in "our pew" once again! After church about 25 friends went to a restaurant with us and had lunch. What a nice way to get to see so many people.

Sunday afternoon MJ and CA and Z and C came to our house for a visit. My "big" grandkids are really growing up and both had good news to tell me about their schools. I am so proud of their accomplishments. And both MJ and CA have lost weight. They are looking gooood!

Time to repack my suitcases came too soon. After a good flight to my "home-away-from-home" I am back to my routine of teaching.

I am looking forward to some cooler weather that they have promised for October and I have a list of activities that I would like to do and see during the fall. I wonder if the leaves change colors and fall off the trees here in PV??? (Does a palm tree change colors?)

Hasta luego.




No comments: