Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Bedroom

This is my bed, with the suitcase in the corner and a little "put-together" plastic table I was able to find which serves as a very adequate nightstand. There are actually 3 shelves on it and I can keep my books, journal, dictionaries, and on top I have my clock and AC control. I have to be very careful when I move the shelves to change the sheets because it comes apart quite easily!



This is the "famous" air-conditioner installed in the concrete wall! I really don't think I could have survived without it.


This wall serves as my closet. There are 2 bars, just out of the picture. One serves as the closet bar from which my clothes hang, and the second is for the curtains that you see on the right. I really never close the curtains since they are hard to pull across. Note my towels hanging on the left. Hanging them here allows them to dry out. The chest has the 3 drawers and 3 doors to store clothes. I bought the little basket to keep my toiletries in, and the rest of the things on the top of the chest are things that I use daily: water bottles, etc.


This is the other wall in my bedroom. I have the window which looks out onto the back patio and I was so excited when Aurora offered me this "beautiful" chest with 3 drawers! I keep my shoes in one drawer, and other stuff in the top two drawers. The don't fit into the chest so I have to carefully lift them in and out but I was happy to get them. On top I store my laptop case, purse and makeup. Since the only mirror in the whole house is one 12" in diameter, over the bathroom sink in the hallway, I bought a larger mirror to use. Unfortunately it is so cheaply made, with cardboard on the back to hang it from the wall, I am afraid to hang it up. I know it would fall down and break. I slide it on the floor next to the chest and then balance it on my knees to put on my makeup! That works!

No comments: