Monday, November 12, 2007

More Churches

These are 3 more churches that I have attended in PV.




This is the church that the Colegio Mexico-Americano is affiliated with. The name is: Centro Cristiano Nuevo Amanecer (The New Dawn Christian Center). Church is held in this room in a building near the hotel section of PV. It is a pentecostal type church. They have singing for 1/2 hour before the service starts and they also use some video during the service. Many people who work at the school attend this church as well as quite a few parents of the students. I went a couple of Sundays so I could get familiar with the church. My roommate, Aurora, is very active in this church.





This is the cathedral in PV---La Parroquia de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe (the parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe). It is a beautiful church in downtown PV. I went to mass there with my friends Leticia and Guillermina.


Divina Provendencia (Divine Providence) is the name of my neighborhood Catholic church. I attended a mass there and afterwards there was a baptism which I stayed for.


The altar in the Divina Provendencia church.


And here is a little one being baptized! The priest is using a shell, provided by the family, to pour the water. Four babies were baptized that Sunday, and my, were they dressed up!

I had hoped to be able to include an Episcopal church in my church post but the Episcopal priest who lives here for 6 months of the year, said he won't be in PV until December. I hope to be able to go to an Episcopal service when he arrives.

So far, these have been my church experiences here and they have been very interesting for me.

Hasta luego.


No comments: