Saturday, August 7, 2010

La Gorda Restaurant

Thanks for your comments. It is good to know that I am not writing in vain!

I am just now catching up with my posts since I have had trouble finding a "cyber cafe" that would accept my pictures to download on the blog. Today I will try to get up to date. This is the last post from Guadalajara before I came to Puerto Vallarta.

Today's Spanish lesson--gordo or gorda means "fat" in English. However, in Mexico, la gorda, or la gordita is an endearing term too. It depends on how you use it. So when my friends and I had dinner at the restaurant "La Gorda", we were not eating at a place that makes me fat!! At least I hope not!! Their sign, "Welcome to La Gorda" was set in the street in front of the door. The restaurant is in Guadalajara.



Inside the restaurant the decor and the food was very Mexican. If you notice in the USA, all the Mexican restaurants say on their signs "Authenic Mexican Restaurant" and I am afraid that they are "authenic" Tex-mex restaurants, not authenic Mexican food! This one was the "real thing"!




I had their "special" which was chicken enchiladas, two with mole sauce and two with pepian sauce. On the left is rice with onion slices and on the right are frijoles with totopos standing up in them as a decoration. To drink I had horchata, a rice drink which is delicious. I highly recommend it! In the background you can see my friend's tacos.






Aelia, me and Mago (l to r) had a nice visit and a good dinner. Three old retired teachers, gossiping about how nice it is to be retired!




Keep reading!


Hasta luego.


No comments: