Saturday, August 7, 2010

Puerto Vallarta

Here it is---the beach in Puerto Vallarta!

On Saturday, July 31, I took a bus from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta, a trip of 5 hours. The bus is a nice coach with a bathroom and tv monitors which showed old movies, in Spanish of course, with the volume very loud!! Turn off the old hearing aids and take a nap!

I arrived about 3:30pm and taxied to the house where I am staying. My friend is visiting her brother in California so I am alone in the house but I stayed with her once before when I was in Vallarta so I'm familiar with the house. But now the problems begin...air conditioners don't put out cold air and the bathroom door, next to my bedroom, is locked! I did the very Mexican thing...I walked out of the house, locked the door, walked to the nearby restaurant and had dinner, went grocery shopping at Walmart and took a taxi home. I can deal with those problems "mañana"!!

Mañana came and I went to the beach!






The man is selling small kites while a gorgeous yacht leaves the dock.

I sat on the beach for a couple hours, drinking a lemonade and people watching, then went into the hotel and got a book at their book exchange. Now I have something to read.

Since the children are off school for their summer vacations, the beaches are crowded and there are lots of people in town. The cruise ships come in on Saturdays and Wednesdays so those days are busy times in the markets.

This is the rainy season in Mexico, which means that it will rain pretty much every day for some length of time. The rains come up suddenly and pour rain, with thunder and lightning. If the rain occurs during the day, after the storm, the sun returns and within a few minutes the sidewalks are dry, leaving puddles in the potholes in the streets and more humidity in the air! Usually the storms are in the evening and at night.

The weather is better in Guadalajara but the atmosphere in Vallarta is much more relaxed and calm. I enjoy both places.

Hasta luego.

1 comment:

Faye said...

Oh, it made me so happy to think of you at the beach under one of those lovely palm tree umbrellas sipping your lemonade!