Friday, August 27, 2010

Hasta Luego--Not Adiós

The time came to leave Mexico and my amigos. It was a great vacation and I enjoyed, so much, seeing my friends again. As I look over the many photos that I took, I leave you with a few of my favorites. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them! They are in no particular order---just some of the ones I like for different reasons.



This is a church in La Chona, Jalisco, coming into view between the nopales cactus. This picture was taken in Chuy's backyard.







In San José de Gracia, Aguascalientes, the Cristo Roto statue at the dam is breathtaking. Placed high on a hill it can be seen for miles around.




The cathedral in Guadalajara, Jalisco and the main plaza.





The Degollado Theater, Guadalajara, Jalisco.




An Indian family resting on a bench in Aguascalientes. He dances to earn money for the family. She is loving her baby while their two older children play.





In the flea market in downtown Aguascalientes.





The mountains are named "Cerro de Muerte" (Death Mountain) because it looks like a corpse lying down. You can see the forehead, nose, chin, hands folded and feet.




At the Rancho Capomo, Las Palmas, Jalisco. Such a typical Mexican scene.


The beach in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.


The Voladores fly on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.



The Church of Guadalupe, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.




The Malecon in Puerto Vallarta, taken from the balcony of La Chata restaurant.




My favorite statue on the Malecon, Puerto Vallarta.


I hope you enjoyed my writings and photos and perhaps learned a little about Mexico, the people and their lives.

I look forward to returning, some day, to beautiful Mexico and the gracious and kind-hearted people. Until then...

Hasta luego.

1 comment:

Leticia said...

Hi Shiela, Just spent some time looking through your blog - beautiful Photos. I just returned from Puerto Vallarta, one of my favorite places, a week ago. Had planned to visit San Sebastian to do a little research but wasn't able this trip. My grandmother and her sibings were born in San Sebastian.