Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Malecon

I walked the Malecon (the boardwalk) a couple times while I was here. How relaxing to sit on a bench and watch the waves roll in, observe the people, keep an eye on the tourist boats in the bay and enjoy the ocean breezes. Then walk along the Malecon and take pictures, of course!
Here are some that I particularily like.





El Caballito, the Sea Horse, is representative of Puerto Vallarta. A passing tourist agreed to take my picture!



The church of Guadalupe.




The dolphins were a gift to Puerto Vallarta from its sister city in California.



The Dancers is my favorite statue on the whole Malecon!




The Angel hold out her hands and is a favorite photo spot for tourists.



This man balances the rocks. Some are small pebbles holding up quite large stones. No glue needed here!




The Malecon curves around the ocean.



The white building is actually a big jewelry store but it happens to be at the curve in the street. Notice the rocky shore here and the green pole on the right side of the picture is the pole that the Voladores use for their ritual dance.

Wish you could be here to take a walk with me!

Hasta luego.

No comments: