Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Neighborhood--Part One

I am living with a friend in the same area of Vallarta that I was in last fall only now I am now closer to the "main drag". Francisco Ascencio is a major street in PV which goes from downtown out to the airport. The famous "Wal-Mart" and "Sam's" are on this street and are just 3 blocks from my house.

Since I am on the busy street, the "neighborhood" looks very different than my previous locale, but I am living in a gated community so I actually have 2 sections that I call "the neighborhood".

These pictures are of the area near our subdivision on Avenida Francisco Ascencio.



"Welcome"! I know I am welcome here in PV because the sign tells me so! This is right across the street, at the PV harbor, where the cruise ships dock. Generally in the evening, around 8 o'clock, I hear a low, long whistle which tells me the ship is leaving port. The next morning there is another one (or two) boats taking its place.

This is the San Javier Hospital. Sometimes the ambulances can be rather noisy but it is nice to know that bilingual doctors are near!


Next door to the hospital is a furniture store. Our subdivision is right behind this store.



Next is the street going into the subdivision. The name is Puerta del Sol Residential and Alfredo keeps a close watch over the gate. He always has a smile and he has been helpful to me. (He gave me a hand in carrying my groceries to the house last weekend!)


Next to our street is new construction going up on the corner. I don't know if this will be an office building or apartments but they started building last August and I have watched their progress!

Across the street from this "building-to-be" is the Wal-Mart/Sam's corner. It is about 3 blocks from my front door to the door of Wa-Mart so I can walk. And next to Wal-Mart is the "famous" VIPS restaurant where we often meet for dinner or meetings, and next to that is the new Liverpool department store. (Ladies, I will have to take some pictures of it and post them. You'll love it! A very classy store!)

So this is the first part of my new neighborhood. Tomorrow I will show you inside the subdivision. Stay tuned!

Hasta luego.

No comments: