Saturday, April 12, 2008

And Here I Am!

Here I am---back in sunny Mexico! The weather, so far, has been very nice. It gets warm (80 degrees F) during the afternoon and early evening but cools off at night and in the mornings. I even throw a light blanket over me at night. After being here in July-October and enduring the heat and rain, I sure understand why the "tourist season" is November through May: warm days, cool nights, and no rain.

I am celebrating my arrival at the harbor where the cruise ships dock. See photo below.







The rest of these pictures are taken in that welcoming area. People get off the ships and are greeted by this pretty fountain and the market behind it. That is the Crown Plaza Hotel in the distance.




Next is part of the beach behind the hotel where Lety, my friend, and I go walking at sunset. Doesn't that sound romantic?!! Mr. Neat should be here! He and I will have to come back for a vacation sometime.

Can you see the para sailor in the distance in a white parachute?


The Holland America cruise ship docked here yesterday. There are usually 2 or 3 ships that come and stay for 2 or 3 days. They leave at night and another takes its place by morning.


As you walk out toward the street, there are shops, Internet cafes, and kiosks to sign up for tours.

See the 4-wheeler parked in front of the red truck? And those are 2 kiosks behind it.



I am here for 6 weeks and I know the time will fly by. In future blogs I will you about my house and the cute kids I will be teaching. You'll love those pictures!

Hasta luego.

No comments: