Monday, April 7, 2008

Goodbye---and Hello to Manaña

The suitcases are packed. The goodbyes have been said. Tomorrow is the day I leave for Puerto Vallarta!

Although I am contemplating the trip with some uncertainty, anxious anticipation and cheerful expectation, I am looking forward to visiting with my friends, walking beside the ocean on the Malecon, eating good Mexican food, and enjoying the warm weather.

Mainly I am eager to meet with the teachers again and to see how much the students have progressed in learning English. My uncertainty is in not knowing which schools I will be going to and which teachers I will be working with; whether there be Internet at home or do I have to go back to Telmex to request its installation; and other such details which, of course, will be worked out as the days pass! As my Mexican friends told me: "Poco a poco!". ("Take it easy!")

I hope you will go on this journey with me by reading my blog and thus, live (vicariously) with me in Vallarta . My laptop is ready; the camera batteries are charged; and I am ready to go!

Hasta luego.

No comments: