Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pictures of Guadalajara

When I visited friends in La Chona (more about that later) Brenda had a laptop and I could upload photos to my blog. I hope you enjoy them





This is my birriria de chivo! Yum! It is good with tortillas and aguas frescas de jamaica to drink. A good dinner!





I am standing in front of the kitchen in the restaurant. Notice the Talavera tile. My friend, Rosario, is sitting at our table.







The restaurant where we ate our dinner (la comida). The little animal statue in front is a goat. The signs say: Birria of goat and the other barbeque of sheep!






In front of the Instituto Cultural de Cabanas where there are many of Orozco's paintings.





I am sitting in front of the Fountain of Fire in the Plaza Tapatio. It is a pretty place.





One of the big jewelry stores in the area.





Kids playing in the fountain!





The Plaza Fundadores, the plaza of the founder of GDL.



This is the Degollado Theater. Some day I hope to go inside!





The Plaza Liberacion, the main plaza in GDL. The cathedral is in the background.


Hasta luego






No comments: