Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Pictures of Aguascalientes

I have added a few more pictures of AGS...more of the San Marcos fair area and of the Old Train Station. Enjoy!





An interesting sign advertising the San Marcos fair for 2010.







Upon entering the gate at San Marcos, you go into a very nice garden with lots of walking paths, benches and pretty flowers and trees.









Here is the children's train that drives around San Marcos plaza. Anyone for a ride?








The church in San Marcos plaza.









The old station has been restored and houses a small museum. It brought back old memories of my childhood, when I would wait for my dad to come home from work on the train. He was a railway mail clerk and my sister and I would wait with our mother to take him home.







This is an old steam engine. Maybe it was used in the "old days"? It sits in the rail yard in front of the station.









The Dancing Fountains with programmed music perform every hour. Very nice! We sat on a bench and watched the show.






Here I am with the old train master!


Hasta luego.

No comments: