Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Neighborhood---The Houses

The houses are very pretty. They are often painted bright colors, some have flowers in the yard while others are very plain. All these houses are within a block of my house.

Look at the details in the picture above. First, the house is flying the Mexican flag. See the beautiful mountains in the background? The cars here seem to be very new or very old! Lots of Volkswagens. They still make them in Mexico, I think. The trees are unusual. The street is cobblestone and that is a big pothole filled with water.

Next you will see a couple of 2 story houses. They don't give house loans in Mexico so people save money to build a house and when they get so much saved, they add on to their house. I think these are rather nice houses though. They don't look like "add-ons". They are on my street, about 4 houses down from mine.



I call this next photo "Pinatas and Paint"!! You'll see why.

Very colorful, eh?

People wash their clothes and hang them to dry. Clotheslines can appear just anywhere. This lady has a good place to hang hers. Sometimes the clothes hang on the line for days. They dry, it rains and they get wet again, they dry, they get dusty. whatever!


Hope you enjoyed my little neighborhood tour.

Hasta luego.

1 comment:

Judy said...

This could almost be the US, except for the clotheslines!!!