Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Neighborhood---Animals and Buses

I took my camera and went for a walk in my neighborhood. I thought i would take some photos of the houses but as I turned the corner, "what to my wondering eyes should appear" but 4 horses strolling down the street, completely unattended. I quick got this picture of the little guy crossing the street. He had been grazing in the front yard of this house. He crossed the street and joined his friends who ambled into this yard and began their eating their dinner! I still don't know where the horses came from. None of them had bridles. They were just enjoying the neighborhood as I was!



They wouldn't turn around for me to take their picture so you see the horses' rears! Sorry!

They were grazing in this empty lot.

While I was photographing the horses, the city bus came along. People refer to the buses by their color. This is the "white bus" and it goes downtown and to the hotel area.

I walked on down the street and the Guadalupe Victoria (the green bus) came along. What luck! This is the bus I take in the afternoon to come home and I told you in a previous blog how they leave the door open as they drive along. Check it out!!


We have to cross a canal and it is filled with water. Sometimes it is very deep. This day it wasn't too bad. You can see the water level on the car. I have seen it when the water was almost to the door.

Across the street is a "Mini Super"! Since I cannot "ford the creek" on foot, I have not been able to check out this little quick mart. Maybe after the rainy season is over, I will be able to walk over there.


In the next blog you will finally get to see some of the neighbors' houses.

Hasta luego.


1 comment:

Judy said...

Well, I just love those horses roaming through the backyard...sorta reminds me of the range hens that feed in Kristin and Dave's neighborhood! Quite amazing in the city of Atlanta!! I love all of the pictures Sheila...that ford is quite amazing, but I wish there was a little footbridge so you could get across and go to the market. No telling what they've got inside!