Thursday, October 18, 2007

More Harbor Day

I need a new lesson in blogging from my friend, Judy. I still can't put more than 5 pictures into the blog at one time. Thus, either I have to post the pictures in a backward order so they will read correctly for you, or you have to read the blogs backwards!! This time you need to read backwards! Read "Harbor Day" first and then "More Harbor Day"! Sorry!

This is a very large market, located very conveniently (!) close to the ship's exit so the tourists won't have to go far to spend their money and buy souvenirs of PV.






And for those people who prefer to take a city tour or go shopping in the downtown area, the bus picks them up at the ship.


After my tour of the harbor, I walked over the the VIPS restaurant for la comida. The main meal of the day, la comida, is usually eaten between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00 pm.

VIPS is not a very "Mexican" restaurant but it is not an American one either. I describe it as a comfortable place for either Mexicans or Americans (USA or Canadians) to eat. When you walk in, they size you up and hand you a menu in Spanish or in English, whichever they think you can read.

The menu has Mexican food as well as hamburgers and French fries. It is similiar to an Applebee's or O'Charley's restaurant in the US. They serve breakfast (chilaquiles or pancakes!), lunch and dinner.

Judy posts pictures of food on her blog, (which makes me drool when I see them), so I decided to take a clue from her and show you a picture of my dinner!


I had Enchiladas Zacatlan and a large limonada. The enchiladas are chicken, cheese, and crema mexicana (this is the white cream you see on top of the enchiladas) served with green sauce.. They come with frijoles (left) and "flor de calabaza" which is pumpkin flower. Pumpkin flowers are often served and are very good. In the little white bowl in the back is a medium spicy sauce you can add if you would like.

And even though I really didn't want dessert, I thought I should have it just so I can show you the picture!!!

Pastel de Tres Leches de Limon and coffee. (Lime Three Milk Cake)

After eating all this, my mile or so walk from the Harbor and to the bus felt good!

Hasta luego.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Sheila,
Your food looks so delicious I can hardly stand it!! But where are the pumpkin blossoms??? I can't recognize them. We used to have Italian neighbors when we lived in Miami and they would fry up squash blossoms, so I suppose it is similar.
When I post photos, I do it first before I begin to write text. It takes a bit of thought, because it is easiest if you post last what you wish to appear first. Seems strange, but it works for blogger so it works for me. It's all about blogger...that is good to remember! Often I upload my pictures to my computer and then number them as I wish them to appear on blogger, so that when I begin to upload them (to blogger) there is no question as to what comes first.
I'm loving your blog...no matter how or when the pictures appear!

xo