Monday, March 10, 2008

Dr. Seuss, Kids and Flowers

Hello everyone! I'm back at it again! It has been 2 months since I
posted a blog. Have you missed reading about my escapades?!! I've missed our communication: my writing and your comments. Thank you for your enthusiastic remarks about my blog. I am glad that you enjoyed learning a little about Mexico.

Since I arrived home from Mexico just 3 days before Christmas, the family holiday celebrations began immediately. I didn't even finish unpacking my suitcases for 2 weeks! After the New Year, I decided to enjoy my "retirement" and some "down time": sleeping late, visiting with the grandkids, organizing my photos from Mexico, and I even joined a gym so I can use the treadmill and bicycle during the wintertime!

When I visited Guadalajara, I saw a poinsettia tree for the first time and fell in love with it. At Christmas, AE, C, M and M gave me my very own "poinsettia tree"! It is in our sunroom and Nellie and I are enjoying it!





For Valentine's Day, Mr. Neat brought me these pretty yellow tulips. Even though it was still cold outside, they made it feel like spring was near. They brightened our kitchen table for a long time.






Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as "Dr. Seuss", is an author of many children's books and this week was his birthday. Elementary schools usually have some fun and celebrate it. Teachers, parents, and even a few community leaders read Dr. Seuss stories to the schoolchildren, occasionally even dressing up as a character from one of the books. I visited Jones elementary school today and all the classroom doors were decorated in a Dr. Seuss book theme. The hallways looked great!

His stories are characterized by rhyming words and unusual illustrations. They are great books for early readers to use. "Green Eggs and Ham", "Horton Hears a Who", "Fox in Socks", and "The Cat in the Hat" are some of his famous books, but the picture shows several more of the Dr. Seuss books that kids love.





Even the IHOP restaurant got into the Dr. Seuss theme with "Whoville pancakes" and "Green Eggs and Ham"! M and M came to visit on Saturday and guess what they ate?

From the smiles, you can see they enjoyed them!





Here is a closeup of the green eggs and ham and the pancakes. They were a big hit with children!



That's all for now but there are some exciting projects being planned so I will be keeping you posted.

Hasta luego.

No comments: