Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Final Days

I am winding up my time here in PV. Yesterday I cancelled my home internet service, tomorrow I give up my cell phone, and Wednesday my home phone will be cancelled. Thursday I fly home.

Since I must rely on internet cafes for the next few days, I will wait until I get home to post the pictures of the Guadalupe Day processions. I really enjoyed watching the processions and I was actually fortunate enough to walk a very short way in the teachers´procession! Two of my friends were leading the teachers, carrying the offering to the church, when they saw me on the sidelines and waved me into the parade. I walked the last 100 feet or so to the church with them. How special for me! Please don´t forget to check the blog next week for the pictures.

This morning I had breakfast with a lovely lady from Gainesville and her friend from San Francisco. How about that! She is a friend of a friend in Gainesville, now vacationing in PV, and we had a very nice visit. I have to go all the way to Mexico to meet a neighbor! We plan to get together again, (for Mexican food?!!?) when we both get home.

I have a lot to fit into the next four days! It is hard to say goodbye to the teachers I have been working with and the friends I have met. I am trying to spend a little time with each one and give lots of hugs to the kids!


Hasta luego.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I'm feeling a bit sad for you too, but you know, I can hardly wait to see you back HOME! WooHoo!!!! ;-)

xo